Moving to Hamilton Canada
Hamilton apartments and rental housing
Including the areas of: Ancaster, Dundas, Flamborough and Stoney Creek
For information on your rights as a tenant go to the Ontario Tenants Most Asked Questions and Answers
page or call the Hamilton Tenants Hotline, (905) 526-9119, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This is also a helpful list for those who are moving to Hamilton Canada, not just those looking for Hamilton apartments.
City of Hamilton, main page, 71 Main Street West, Hamilton, (905) 546-2489
How to contact your City of Hamilton Mayor and City Councillors
City of Hamilton Bylaws
Hamilton apartment heat bylaw. If your heat is not maintained at least at
20 degrees Celsius, from September 1 to May 31, first complain to your landlord, then you can call the City of Mississauga, either your City Councillor
through the general city number, or a bylaw inspector, regarding apartment heat by calling (905) 546-2489.
Snow must be removed within 24 hours of a snowfall or face a fine,
but if you are a senior or disabled, you can contact the city and they'll clear your sidewalk for you.
Contact your city councillor's office for more information, including how to report someone not
clearing their sidewalks.
Hamilton waste collection days.
Household Waste for proper disposal of hazardous waste such as batteries, fluorescent and compact fluorescent lamps (as they contain mercury,) pharmaceuticals, paints, solvents,
Click here for locations and times.
- Alzheimer Society for Halton-Wentworth 529-7030
- Ancaster Community Services, 300 Wilson Street East, Ancaster, (905) 648 6675
- Be WebAware, for Parents to keep your children safe when on the Internet
- Catholic Family Services of Hamilton, 447 Main Street East, Unit 201, 905 527-3823
- Community Dispute Resolution Services of Hamilton, (905) 521-2225
- Community Information Hamilton Wentworth
- Co-ordinated Access For Child Care
- Dawn Patrol Child and Youth Services, (for the families of youth in conflict with the law), (905) 544-9974
- Dundas Community Services, 2 King Street West #3A, Dundas, (905) 627-5461
- Family Services of Hamilton Wentworth Inc., 105 Main St E, 905 523-5640
- Hamilton Coalition Against Poverty
- Neighbour to Neighbour Centre Hamilton, 28 Athens Street, 905 574-1334
- Settlement and Integration Services Organization, 360 James Street North, 905 521-9216
- United Way of Burlington and Greater Hamilton
- VON Caregiver Support Program for Hamilton-Wentworth 523-1055
- Welcome Inn Community Center, 40 Wood St E., Hamilton, (905) 525-5824
- Flamborough Food Bank, Carlisle United Church, 1432 Centre Rd, Carlisle, 905 690-1036
- Good Shepherd Centres, 120 Cannon St E, Hamilton, 905 528-9109
- Hamilton Food Share, 339 Barton Street, Stoney Creek 905 664-9065
- Neighbour to Neighbour Centre, 28 Athens Street, Hamilton, 905 574-1334
- Stoney Creek Community Food Bank, Old Fire Hall, 13 Lake Ave S, Stoney Creek, 905 664-2252
- Good Shepherd Centres (Men's shelter) 135 Mary Street, 905 528-9109
plus contact them about their women's and youth shelters
- Booth Centre Single Men's Hostel, 94 York Boulevard, 905-527-1444
- Interval House, (for women and their children), Crisis Line: 905-387-8881, Business Line: 905-387-9959
- Martha House, (Women) 905 523-8895
- Mary's Place, (Women) 905 540-8000
- Somerville House, (Women) 905 545-3383
- Brennan House (youth,) 614 King Street East, 905 577-1166
- Notre Dame House (youth,) 14 Cannon Street West, 905-308-8090
- Wesley Centre, 195 Ferguson Avenue North, 905-528-5640
- The Salvation Army, 905 540-1888